Last Updated on Sunday, 14 September 2014 02:40
SEPTEMBER 19th - 21st, 2014
Free Pre Event Speaker Series Sept 16th - 18th
Click Here to Pre-Register!
Camping and competition space is limited! Pre-register to secure your spot!
NUMBER OF CAMPSITES LEFT: 32 OF 100
Week of Pre-Registration Pricing:
$25 ALL-ACCESS WEEKEND PASS(INCLUDES CAMPING!)
$15 Camping (Friday and Saturday), Climbing and Party
$10 Reel Rock Film Tour only
updates rolling in each week
Free PRE-EVENT Speaker Series
4PM - SPEAKER SERIES @ UMASS AMHERST, JOURNALISM HUB 4TH FLOOR.
Find Your Niche: How to write (and publish) compelling adventure stories
Featuring KATIE IVES (Alpinist Magazine) and KEVIN RILEY (Action in Solitude)
7PM - SPEAKER SERIES @ HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE, EAST LECTURE HALL
Find Your Niche: The ROCK WARRIOR'S WAY - MENTAL FORTITUDE FOR CLIMBERS
Featuring TRACY MARTIN (AMGA Guide and Rock Warrior's Way instructor)
REEL ROCK FILM TOUR's Valley Uprising, probably the most important climbing film ever produced! @CENTRAL ROCK GYM HADLEY(165 Russell St, Hadley, Ma)
- Dyno Comp, Raffle, Beverages, Sponsors
- Doors open at 6:30.
- $10 at the door or included in your ALL ACCESS WEEKEND PASS
CAMPING AT THE WAGON WHEEL CAMPGROUND, just a few miles down the road from Farley Ledge (909 Wendell Rd, Warwick, MA.) YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER WITH THE WMCC FOR CAMPING. No onsite sales will be available Friday
9AM - START THE MORNING OFF RIGHT AT FARLEY LEDGE. Join us for Pastries and coffee, register for the day's events and check out some demos by Millet, Misty Mountain and others!
Note-There will be limited parking at Farley, but We will be providing shuttles from the Wagon Wheel Campground (909 Wendell Rd, Warwick, MA)!!
- OUTDOOR BOULDERING & ROUTE CLIMBING FUN COMP
- Several categories, ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
- Win prizes just by climbing routes
- Must be in the WMCC's parking lot by 9:40am
- Comp starts at 10am. Scorecards must be turned in at the parking lot at 5pm.
- Format being finalized as we speak!
- CLINICS AND DEMOS
- 10:30 am. Attend a Technical Clinic with the AMC titled "Oops I did it again... How to get out of common climbing pickles"
- Use sponsor demo gear for the day
- Time and details TBD
- HANG WITH SPONSORS or just sit around stuff your face.
AFTER 5PM: AWARDS, AFTER PARTY, AND CAMPING AT THE WAGON WHEEL CAMPGROUND
- 6PM BBQ
- 7PM awards and pavilion
- Stupid human tricks, live music, swimming
- 11pm bonfire
- 8am-10am: Free pancake breakfast
- 8:30am-9:30am: Yoga at the campground
- 10am-1pm: Adopt-a-Crag
- another great day of climbing!
Rain date for Saturday's events
(Click Image to view Event Trailer)
The WMCC Rendezvous, presented by Millet is our annual fundraiser to help build cohesive relationships with advocacy groups, state and local governments, landowners, and conservation groups and to keep climbing areas open and conserve the climbing environment in Western Massachusetts.
We'd like to give a huge shout to our presenting sponsor Millet (www.millet.fr/en/) and supporting sponsor Misty Mountain (www.mistymountain.com). With their support we are able to improve our event and ultimately put more resources to realizing our short and long term goals. The best way to show them your thanks is by visiting their website and taking a look at their products. If you like what you see, buy something. Promise you, it will feel good!