https://climbgneiss.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/wmcclogotransp_stacked_white-300x148.png 0 0 Stephanie Giguere https://climbgneiss.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/wmcclogotransp_stacked_white-300x148.png Stephanie Giguere2020-07-03 13:33:152020-07-03 13:35:09Farley Lot Reopens July 6th, 2020
Farley Lot Reopens July 6th, 2020
Good news; the Farley lot is reopening Monday, July 6th!
WMCC volunteers will be present the first weekend after opening, and updated maps of Farley crags and trails will be available at the main lot.
Parking is always a concern when climbing at Farley Ledges. In order to secure a spot in the main lot, plan to arrive early in the morning or later in the afternoon for the ‘second shift.’ There is parking across Route 2 on along Bridge street, but this area can quickly become overwhelmed as well. Please have a backup plan prepared and visit another climbing area, such as Mormon Hollow, Rose Ledge, or Hideaway if there is no parking available for Farley.
Please consider the following social distancing guidelines:
- Climb with just one partner when possible. Keep groups small.
- Wear a mask in the parking lot, on crowded belay ledges and near other parties.
- Keep gear organized and in your pack- “no junk shows at the base.”
- Spread out and explore new crags. There are over 450 routes and 500 boulder problems at Farley. If you don’t know where to go, ask whoever’s around for suggestions and directions.
- More guidance is listed in the letter signed by Northeast LCO’s
-Posted July 3rd, 2020-