Sign up to be a volunteer
Did you know that the WMCC is run ENTIRELY by volunteers?
If you’re interested in volunteering at a trail day, running an event, or providing a specialized skill, the best place to start is to fill out our volunteer form. We will connect interested volunteers with WMCC members and/or opportunities so you can join in on the fun. We may also reach out to let you know of opportunities with other local climbing organizations.
Additionally, if you have any ideas for an event that you would like to lead for WMCC, please contact us!
Other ways to help WMCC
Consider some of the following:
- Donate/Become a Member – Donating is one of the biggest ways you can have an impact. WMCC relies on donations and grants to be able to accomplish the work we do. Some examples of how your donations have an impact is in maintaining the Farley (and soon Hanging Mountain) parking lot, trail maintenance, and helping to paying off our Access Fund loan for Hanging Mountain. Donate today or become a member
- Parking – When you climb at a WMCC crag please make sure you are following all parking directions found on each crag’s page. When coming as a group, please carpool whenever possible to reduce the number of cars at each parking lot. The rules ensure that we are respecting the community around our crags. Not following parking guidelines has the potential to cause access issues.
Open WMCC Positions
Below are the current open volunteer positions. Volunteers may be appointed to these positions by the board. If you’re interested in applying for one of these positions, please contact us!
Director of Fundraising
The Fundraising Director will be responsible for multiple aspects of working towards securing funding for Western Massachusetts Climbers Coalition (WMCC) including:
- Identification and planning of fundraising opportunities within the community by partnering with retailers, individuals, other LCOs, etc.
- Supports planning and execution of annual WMCC events (e.g. Silent Auction, Reel Rock screening)
- Appoint and manage event coordinators and other volunteers for major fundraising events
- Donor management and engagement
- Work with Social Media Committee to create fundraising social media campaigns